Sunday, October 14, 2007

I cut open my pepper and found God or a single mother

Imagine my surprise when I sliced into my red bell pepper and found this

My lunch apparently had a good time in my grocer's case, and came home knocked up. I'm not sure who the father was, but seeing as mother and child were now living in my care, I decided it was time to deliver.

Call me crazy, but doesn't this look like Babar, King of the Elephants, holding a giant green apple while wearing a jaunty green witch's hat?

With a quick cut to the umbilical root, pepper fetus becomes pepper baby.

Call the royal guard - Babar has been robbed!!

After giving the mama pepper a c-section, I ate her and threw her dissected baby in the trash. Aren't you glad that I didn't pursue a career in medicine?

2 comments:

that mckim girl said...

Oh my god, that DOES look like Babar!

I have gotten pregnant peppers before as well. Luckily, they taste just as delicious as the chaste ones.

Anonymous said...

Lizzie --

You are a sick young woman! Get some help, and stay out of the produce section.

Love, Mom