Sunday, October 28, 2007

A: Freak. Scum. Witch. Cotton Balls.

Q: What is the TBS version of the Old School "ear muffs" scene and exactly why good movies shouldn't be allowed to be altered and shown on basic cable.

You're my boy, Blue.

Also -

100th POST!!!

On this auspicious occasion, let's got back to my roots and remember from whence the Blog o' Lizzie Musar came.

The year was 2004, and I looked like this:


I lived with my friends on a college campus seemingly built for impromptu picnics and finding your niche.

Exactly three years ago, this picture was taken:

(To preserve the Google identity of my friend in drag, I won't name names, but I will say, he made a fantastic Blair from Facts of Life.)

I was writing papers like crazy:
- By the People: Low Voter Turn Out and the Nature of Democracy in America
- Conscious of a Sinning Nation: The Changing Interpretation of Abolitionism since 1885
- More Than Victims: Women, Children, and a Feminist Interpretation of Trafficking in Persons Law

I invested a fair amount of time in crafting perfect away messages.

The future was only theoretical and rent was a myth.

An affordable dinner meant a can of tuna fish and half a sleeve of crackers.

Bad choices were occasionally worn as a badge of honor, and Mary Prankster was a battle cry.

Like a second-act teenager, I was trying my hardest to figure out adolescent skirmishes in a feigned adult world.

I still had 6 months before real life kicked in, and I couldn't wait. Looking back, this was dumb. D-U-M-B.

It was a damn good life.

1 comment:

that mckim girl said...

It finally happened! You finally realized you were supposed to be revelling in senior year, not waiting for the future!

Also, I was once watching Office Space on cable- possibly TBS- and they said "hobgoblin" instead of mother f***er.

It was amazing.