The BBC put together their annual list of 100 Things We Didn't Know Last Year here.
I fully intend on creating my own list of 100 Things Lizzie Didn't Know Last Year, but that's a lot of things, you know, at once. So how about we break this sucker down into some more manageable chunks. 2008 is the year of more manageable expectations, after all.
Chunk #1 - No particular theme, no rhyme or reason
1. Barack Obama would win the Iowa democratic caucas.
2. The name Benazir Bhutto.
3. Grey's Anatomy would totally jump the shark.
4. What the sun in Thailand felt like.
5. What the sun in Honduras felt like.
6. What a mosquito bite in Honduras feels like.
7. You can't find cuter kids than the Miskito kids in Rio Platano. Really, it's impossible.
8. Jumping from one shot a day to six shots a day doesn't take all that long to get used to.
9. Wearing an insulin pump doesn't take all that long to get used to.
10. Getting used to something DOES NOT imply acceptance.
11. I looked really cute with short hair.
12. Street squid in Bangkok is pretty damn tasty.
13. Pad thai really is only the tip of the Thai food iceberg.
14. I firmly support the work of unions.
15. Edmunds.com is a girl's best friend.
16. I understand horsepower.
17. The difference between a 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder, and 8 cylinder engine.
18. To laugh, even inside, at people who refer to a "V-4" engine.
19. I like to wear slippers.
20. I can go 6 months without owning a car.
21. It really bugged me to not have a car at my disposal all the time.
22. The phrase is actually "all intents and purposes" NOT "all intensive purposes." Really, I swear.
23. How to do links on blogger.com.
Ok, that's all for now. Stay tuned for the rest of list later to come.