Sunday, December 05, 2004

An Explanation

Feel I should explain the Shadowboxer bit -

See, there's a Fiona Apple song called Shadowboxer, lyrics below:
Once my loverNow my friendWhat a cruel thingTo pretendWhat a cunning wayTo condescendOnce my lover andNow my friendOh, you creep upLike the cloudsAnd you set my soul at easeThen you letYour love aboundAnd you bring meTo my kneesOh, it's evil, babeThe way you letYour grace enrapture meWhen will you knowI'd be insaneTo ever let thatDirty game recapture meYou made meA shadowboxer, babyI wanna be readyFor what you doI've been swingingAll around me'Cause I don't knowWhen you're gonnaMake your moveOh, your gazeIs dangerousAnd you fill yourSpace so sweet If I let youGet too closeYou'll set yourSpell on meSo darlin'I just wanna sayJust in caseI don't come throughI was on to every playI just wanted youBut, oh, it's so evilMy loveThe way you've noReverence to my concernSo I'll be sure toStay wary of you, loveTo save the pain ofOnce my flame andTwice my burnYou made meA shadowboxer, babyI wanna be readyFor what you doI've been swingingAll around me'Cause I don't knowWhen you're gonnaMake your move

Strange it copied without spacing...

Anyway, the song is about a girl who because she got burned is just gonna be really wary from now on. And I've been this way a lot of my life. I'll give something a try, give it a fair shot, but I'm generally holding back, cause I don't trust your motives and more than that, I don't trust you.

Now I'm really hungry and still don't have a 20 page paper written, so I'm at least going to take care of the hunger part.

No comments: